Terms and Conditions
The website https://www.merryandmodern.com.au (the “website”) is owned and managed by Stars of New Generation Pty Ltd (ABN 74 608 693 250) (t/as Merry & Modern, and www.merryandmodern.com.au “we”, “our”, “us” or the “Company”) . The company includes representatives, related parties, partners, employees, advertisers, co-branders.
In its operation of the company, Merry & Modern offers premium quality homewares for sale in its own right. The by us or by a third party seller and the legal relationship of ‘buyer’ and ‘seller’ shall be between you and Merry & Modern solely.
The Terms and Conditions outlined govern the supply of any product ordered by you on the Merry & Modern website. Placing an order for any product physical or digital, you agree to be legally bound by said Terms and Conditions.
Terms of Reference – Terms and Conditions:
- “Customer” means the person who places an Order on the website
- “You” means the Customer who places the Order
- “Product(s)” means the products to be sold and supplied to Customers via the website in accordance with this agreement
- “Acknowledgement” means our Order Confirmation which is sent automatically via email. Should you not receive one, please check your Junk Folder or the spelling of the email address which you placed your order. If you still can not see your Order Confirmation, please contact us via Contact Us Form
- “Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, banking holiday or public holiday in NSW.
2. Ordering and Cancellation
You must be over 18 years of age to place an order on the Merry & Modern website. The credit card, debit card, PayPal account you choose for payment must be in your name.
You accept that our Fraud prevention team may contact you for an email image of a driver’s license bearing the same name as the credit card being used. Alternatively at the point of contact if you do not have a license we are happy to accept a photo image of a utility bill. This is for your protection as the card holder and also ours. Your private information is destroyed after being verified and is not shared with any person other than Merry & Modern.
You agree that advertising on the internet is not in live time. As a result, you accept that the advertised price on the Merry & Modern website may differ from a third party advertisement for and on behalf of Merry & Modern due to the time it may take the Third party to update their Data-feed of products. You accept and acknowledge that the price displayed on the product page of the Merry & Modern website is the final price for the item you are looking to purchase.
You acknowledge automatically by using our website that you allow Merry & Modern to record your IP address (device ID).
You agree to pay for your purchase by supplying card details where requested or checking out using PayPal or third party gateways. Funds must clear before releasing of any goods.
You acknowledge by using a credit or debit card that you are the legal owner of said card.
Merry & Modern reserves up to 6 weeks for your order been delivered to you after the placing an order.
Items in Christmas Category available for preorder only and will be delivered after the 1st before 20th of September 2020
In the event of an inventory error, an item is unavailable or the manufacturing process require more time we shall contact you to advise of options available. This shall be opportunity to place the item on backorder or receive a full refund. You being the user of the website accept that by use of the Merry & Modern website that this may occur and that in such event the offer of refund or backorder shall be adequate solution and remedy.
In the unlikely event, you purchase and receive an item which has been inaccurately described on the website we shall happily pay for all costs associated with the items return and offer a full refund for all your out of pocket expenses. You acknowledge that this would be an unintentional error by Merry & Modern data entry.
In the event where an item, product or package deal is priced incorrectly we shall offer the following as compensation, and such compensation shall be satisfactory to you the user of the Merry & Modern website. You as our customer can choose ONE the following alternatives in such instance. You further accept that solely by your use of the Merry & Modern website that one of the below options shall satisfy you for compensation and seek no further remedy.
- Offer the product or package to you at our cost price inclusive of GST or
- Offer you credit for the correct price of the item.
We monitor our pricing very stringently and provide confidence the above circumstance should not occur. If the incorrect pricing is due to a computer programming failure which renders site-wide pricing issues you accept no compensation shall be offered as this is an unforeseeable circumstance.
If you have placed an order on the Merry & Modern website, this may be cancelled without any fees being incurred as long as we are instructed to cancel the order on the same day via email using our contact us page. If you choose to cancel an order other than the day of placement but prior to it leaving our warehouse this shall be treated as a change of mind, and credit shall be issued to the value of your complete order including the freightage.
Merry & Modern uses Door to Door couriers to deliver your parcel. Our couriers are not associated or affiliated with Australia Post, and therefore you agree to provide a delivery address where a courier can effect delivery between business days (excluding Public Holidays).
You also agree that we do not deliver to Parcel Lockers. To assist speedy delivery of your goods, please provide accurate delivery details including any notes which may assist the courier in locating your property.
4. Returns and Refund Policy
Return Policy – Faulty Goods:
- Please choose carefully – we do not accept an item is faulty or defective if the colour is slightly darker, lighter than the image on your screen. This is also not considered as misrepresentation of the product. All computer monitors have a slightly different colour and brightness and our images represent the product as best as possible. Unless our image shows for example a Red Plate and you receive a bright Pink one, then a ‘burnt coloured’ red plate is a red plate sorry. An off white plate can also be considered creamy, slightly cream, not pure white etc.
- In the case of a faulty item it shall be replaced with an identical item for you as quickly as possible – DO NOT return a faulty item without contacting us first.
- In the case where the item is not as described on the website, we shall refund your money in full on receipt of the returned item. For example if you receive a 300ml coffee mug but the description states 400ml.
- If you have a fault with electrical item such us Christmas Lights, we will organise return to Merry & Modern, repair if applicable or replace the item.
Breakage on Arrival
At Merry & Modern we have a good record for the safe arrival of fragile goods. However if on arrival your products are broken, chipped, cracked etc please contact us within 72 hours of your order being received, and we will organise a replacement.
- Please check all contents of your order with 72 hours of receiving your parcel.
Thank you for choosing Merry & Modern for your future purchase!